Find out our frequently asked questions, as well as store & online policies.
What is a Style Reward Card?
This is an in-store loyalty card which provides you with...
- Exclusive offers and further reductions.
- Special event invitations.
- Style Card only discounts.
To claim exclusive Style Card offers...
- The customer must have an active style card.
- The customer must consent to marketing to redeem offer.
- The offer must be shown at till point to redeem offer.
- The payment card must match that registered on the style card.
- All items are refundable unless stated otherwise in store.
By signing up for this card, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. There may be a charge for administration to replace lost/stolen cards. Newlife reserves the ability to withdraw your card without recourse or refund, if the member:
1) Is believed to have been involved directly or indirectly in theft from Newlife.
2) Is identified as trading Newlife products for profit.
3) Physically or verbally abuses, bullies or harasses members of staff, volunteers or other customers.
4) Behaves in a manner that could endanger someone/property or causes alarm/distress
5) Has been previously excluded for other reasons of security or for operation reasons
6) We, Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children are the ‘controllers’ of the information which we collect about you. We are committed to protecting your personal data, whether it is sensitive or not, and we only process data if we need it for a specific purpose. Newlife’s Retail team are here to provide a fashion led environment which is a haven for bargain hunters that exceeds the customer’s needs and expectations. To see Newlife’s full Privacy notice, please visit newlife.co.uk/privacy
The card is issued by
Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children, Registered Charity Number: 1170125
Head Office: Newlife Centre, Hemlock Way, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 7GF
Tel: 01543 468 888 Fax: 01543 505 989 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I need to return something I bought in store?
1) You can return goods which become faulty – whether the product you purchased was at full price or reduced, your statutory rights are protected. This means that as long as you return the product within 21 days of purchase and the product is found to have a fault, which we believe has occurred after purchase, we will offer you one of the following solutions, as long as you have the receipt or acceptable proof of purchase:
A replacement – if available.
A repair – not on fashion, bags or footwear.
A credit to your style card
A partial refund by cash or card, if you are happy to retain the item and accept no future return will be possible.
A cash or card refund (using the method in which you made payment).
1a) Original faults – Any faults on products, which could have reasonably been seen, at the original point of purchase and have been reflected in the price, are not normally refunded/returned under this policy.
1b) Electrical and battery items – Extended return period if new faults occur. Return within 12 weeks for battery items and 18 weeks for electrical items, as long as you can show the receipt and/or acceptable proof of purchase.
1c) Washing/cleaning issues – Many of the products we sell will have had their washing/cleaning instructions removed. Therefore care should be taken in cleaning/washing, as we cannot accept returns under your statutory rights, if a product fails/is damaged as a result of washing/cleaning. The lack of washing/cleaning instructions is reflected in the pricing.
2) 2) Goods which you have changed your mind about; known as ‘good will’ refunds – With the exception of jewellery, food, underwear and swimwear, where for hygiene reasons, no refund is given unless under statutory rights; as long as you have the receipt and the ticket/sticker is still attached, within 21 days of purchase, our ‘goodwill policy’ is as follows:
2a) Full price purchases – We give our customers the opportunity to return any/all products that they have paid full price for and which are not part of a ‘promotional offer type’ (see below), as long as you have the receipt and the ticket/sticker is still attached, within 21 days of purchase.
2b) Discounted items – We cannot offer a refund, where the product has had its tickets/stickers removed or where an item has been marked down in price.
2c) Promotional offers/Discounted (reduced) price
If your item was purchased at a discounted (or reduced) price, your item will be non-returnable.
3) Important Information
3a) What is ‘proof of purchase’? – Unless the item is returned under your statutory rights (new fault occurs) we are unable to accept ‘proof of purchase’ from bank statements etc. only the original receipt will be accepted as proof of purchase.
3b) What if I don’t have the receipt or the tickets/stickers are not attached? – If the receipt cannot be presented, but the ticket/sticker is attached, we may offer a credit to your style card (no cash/card refund). If the receipt is presented, but ticket/sticker is not attached, we may offer a credit to your style card (no cash/card refund). If you cannot provide the receipt and the tickets/stickers are not attached, we cannot give a refund of any kind. So please take care of your receipts and the tickets/stickers.
3c) Don’t use and try to return – With the exception of goods returned under your statutory rights (see point 1), if products are returned to us for refund and we have reasonable reason to believe the product has been worn or used since purchasing, we reserve the right to refuse a refund.
3) If you have any queries, please ask to speak to a member of the Management team.
How do I return my Newlife Online order?
Whether the product you purchased was at full price or reduced, your statutory rights are protected. All orders must be returned within 28 days of the order being delivered, and if the product is found to have a fault, we will offer you one of the following solutions, as long as you have the receipt or acceptable proof of purchase:
– A replacement – if available.
– A cash or card refund (using the method in which you made payment).
1a) Returns Address – Please note we are not able to accept returns or exchanges in store. All returns must be returned to the following address:
14-16 Newlife Online
Lakeside Business Park
Please include your original invoice in the package.
1b) Return Postage Cost – All returns costs are liable by the buyer unless the item is declared faulty. In the case that the item is faulty, please reach out to us at our inbox with your order number so that we are able to refund you the postage cost.
2) Goods which you have changed your mind about; known as ‘good will’ refunds – We’re unable to accept returns for any pierced jewellery, cosmetics or perfume, or any underwear or swimwear where the hygiene seal has been removed. No refund is given unless it is under statutory rights; as long as you have the receipt and the ticket/sticker is still attached, within 28 days of purchase, our ‘goodwill policy’ is as follows:
– Full price purchases – We give our customers the opportunity to return any/all products that they have paid full price for and which are not part of a ‘promotional offer type’ (see below).
– Discounted items – We cannot offer a refund on any items that have been part of a discounted offer online
– Multi Buy Promotional offers – If your item was purchased at a ‘promotional offer price’, your refund will be based on the four offer types, as below:
o Buy One Get One Free – return only one of the items, no refund. Return both items you will receive a full refund.
o Buy One Get One/Others Reduced – return only one of the items, we will assume you are returning the reduced item and refund you this amount. Return both/all items, you will receive a full refund.
o Multi-Buy Offer – (e.g. buy 3 x £2.99 items for £6) if you return part of this multi-buy offer, then you will have the saving deducted from your refund (e.g. return 1 x £2.99 item and the £2.98 multi-buy saving, will be deducted from £2.99 refund).
3) Product Care
3a) Washing/cleaning issues – Many of the products we sell will have had their washing/cleaning instructions removed. Therefore care should be taken in cleaning/washing, as we cannot accept returns under your statutory rights if a product fails/is damaged as a result of washing/cleaning. The lack of washing/cleaning instructions is reflected in the pricing.
3b) Don’t use and try to return – With the exception of goods returned under your statutory rights (see point 1), if products are returned to us for refund and we have reasonable reason to believe the product has been worn or used since purchasing, we reserve the right to refuse a refund completely or we may offer a sum lower than the price paid.
Do you accept discount cards?
We accept the following valid discount cards/valid apps...
- Student ID
- Student Beans
- NHS Employee Card
- Blue Light Services Card
We will offer a 10% discount when a valid card is shown and will be subject to the following terms:
- Must show a valid style card at checkout to receive discount.
- Proof: One of the Offical ID card/or App’s Account listed above shown and in date (valid) (you may be asked to specifically show us a valid date).
- Can only apply to full-priced items.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (unless directly stated).
- At our discretion, we may increase or decrease the offer amount through seasonal promotional periods without warning.
- Not applicable to Members of Parliament.
- Available in all newlife fashion stores and Home store (excludes Newlife Market Place).
How do I use my Newlife Gift Voucher?
• Gift Vouchers are redeemable against any merchandise in Newlife Stores.
• Multiple Gift Vouchers may be redeemed in the same transaction up to the value of the goods being purchased.
• Items returned whereby the tender has been gift vouchers, the return tender will be gift vouchers.
• Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Gift Vouchers contain no cash value.
• For purchases in store, where Gift Vouchers offered have a greater value than the goods being purchased, no change will be given.
• Gift Vouchers must be submitted upon redemption in store.
• Please treat Gift Vouchers as cash in terms of security. Gift Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
• Gift Vouchers cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights.
• We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Gift Voucher that is deemed to have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise is suspected to be affected from fraud.
• We reserve the right to change any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and to take appropriate action including cancellation of the voucher if, at its discretion, it deems such action necessary.
• Gift Vouchers are issued by Newlife.
• Gift Vouchers are subject to availability
How do I make a complaint?
Newlife prides itself on providing a first class, reliable and efficient service to all our users. Complaints/feedback are key to monitoring our service and wherever possible we seek to take action to prevent reoccurrence of a problem.
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, about a service or activity provided by Newlife. A complaint can be made up to two months from the issue giving rise to it.
Your complaint will be dealt with by the relevant manager.
All complaints received will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt. We will investigate the matter and get back to you within 14 days. Should we have to, in exceptional and more complex circumstances (for example, if a key member of staff is on annual leave or sick), we may need more time to gather all the information? If this is the case, we will contact you in writing.
A complaint can be made by contacting Newlife on:
Contact details: Newlife, Newlife Centre, Hemlock Way, Cannock, WS11 7GF
Tel: 01543 468888 Email: email@example.com
Charity & Store Operations
Alternatively, if your complaint is related to another area of our work and you do not feel satisfied with our response, then you can contact the Charity Commission:
The Charity Commission, PO Box 1227, Liverpool, L69 3UG
Tel: 0845 3000 218 www.charity-commission.gov.uk
However, if you are still unhappy, then you may wish to contact the Fundraising Regulator. Newlife Charity is a member of the Fundraising Regulator and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. If your complaint is regarding fundraising and you feel that it has been unresolved by us, then the Fundraising Regulator can investigate your complaint.
You must contact them within two months of receiving your response from us.
Fundraising Regulator 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH | 0300 999 3407